TRAIN THE PAINTER IRELAND
Protective Coatings Applicator (Bronze)
The training has been developed by industry experts in response to the strong demand for certification within the industrial coatings industry that now requires personnel working within the road, rail, renewables and oil and gas industries to obtain professional specified certificates.
SSPC Train the Painter has many modules including:
- Protective Coatings Applicator (Bronze, Silver and Gold levels available)
- Abrasive Blast Cleaner
- Spray Painter
Delegates will be awarded with either an Orange, Bronze, Silver or Gold card depending on the modules completed and experience already gained in the protective coatings industry.
Benefits of Train the Painter
- SSPC Train the Painter meets the requirements of NACE/ SSPC standard (SSPC-ACS-1/NACE No.13)
- Internationally accredited training by SSPC which is recognised worldwide
- Meets the requirement for NORSOK M501 trained applicators offshore
- Client can have confidence in trained applicators
- Reduction in rework due to applicator error
- Ability to delegate tasks to trained and competent operatives
- Training available online using a unique web-based platform (study from home)
- Applicators learn to understand, appreciate and look after equipment through comprehensive practical training
- Benchmarks are set for good practice
The Train the Painter – Protective Coatings Applicator module includes:
- Health and Safety
- Access Plant and Equipment
- Surface Preparation
- Coating Types
- Coating Applications
- Quality Control
Route to Bronze card – You must complete the Protective Coatings Applicator training.
Route to Silver card – You must complete Protective Coatings Applicator AND Abrasive Blast Cleaner OR Spray Painter training.
Route to Gold card – You must complete Protective Coatings Applicator AND Abrasive Blast Cleaner AND Spray Painter training.
Upon successful completion of the Train The Painter – Protective Coatings Applicator module, delegates will be awarded with a Bronze card or an Orange trainee card. To be granted the Bronze card delegates must have worked in the protective coatings industry for more than 1600 hours.
If 1600 hours have not been completed, delegates will receive an Orange trainee card. This can be upgraded to the bronze card if an employer provides evidence of work to SSPC. Further information can be found on the Train The Painter website.