TRAIN THE PAINTER IRELAND
Train The Painter – Spray Painting (Silver)
The training has been developed by industry experts in response to the strong demand for certification within the industrial coatings industry that now requires personnel working within the road, rail, renewables and oil and gas industries to obtain professional specified certificates.
SSPC Train the Painter has three modules including:
- Protective Coatings Applicator (Bronze, Silver and Gold levels available)
- Abrasive Blast Cleaner
- Spray Painter
Delegates will be awarded with either an Orange, Bronze, Silver or Gold card depending on the modules completed and experience already gained in the protective coatings industry.
Delegates completing the Train the Painter – Protective Coatings Applicator module will be able to:
- Ensure site professionalism
- Promote good working practice
- Have a thorough insight into methods of surface treatment and application of protective coatings
The Train the Painter – Protective Coatings Applicator module includes:
2. Health and Safety
3. Paint materials
4. Airless spray equipment
5. Conventional air spray
6. Plural component spray
In order to attend and complete the Train the Painter – Spray Painter module delegates must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have worked in the protective coatings industry as a spray painter for more than 800 hours OR have worked as an abrasive blast cleaning operator for more than 800 hours.
- Route to Bronze card – You must complete the Protective Coatings Applicator training.
- Route to Silver card – You must complete Protective Coatings Applicator AND Abrasive Blast Cleaner OR Spray Painter training.
- Route to Gold card – You must complete Protective Coatings Applicator AND Abrasive Blast Cleaner AND Spray Painter training.